Thursday, May 23, 2024

Proverbs 23:9

The book of Proverbs gives us a lot of instruction on a lot of different subjects. One subject that can keep us in God’s wisdom is Godly Follower-ship. Who we follow; where we follow; how we follow are all spoken about in Proverbs. Here is one of them about those who listen to wisdom and those who don’t:

Proverbs 23:9 (ESV)

Do not speak in the hearing of a fool,

for he will despise the good sense of your words.


It is hard to understand how those in Jesus' day did not get what He was saying. They had God in front of them, doing miracles, sacrificing His life and teaching the most divine truth in the best divine way. Christ was the best teacher, yet they were incredibly dull of hearing. So, it is with the unbeliever.  Do not speak in the hearing of a fool for he will depise the wisdom of your words. The unbeliever not only doesn't listen, the unbeliever actually despises your words. I work in the unbelieving world. I walk in their world and they often, reject my words and my counsel. They often despise me and what I say. But, then again, I am sinful man and make hundreds mistakes. I am flawed and my counsel is flawed. But, the unbelieving world will often reject sound counsel as though it is flawed. They don't have an ear for it. They will not only reject it, they will despise it. Don't be alarmed and don't be hurt and don't be embarrassed. They rejected the perfect wisdom from a perfect teacher. They despised Christ. Why should you be any different?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proverbs 9:12

The book of Proverbs gives us a lot of instruction on a lot of different subjects. One subject that can keep us in God’s wisdom is Godly Fol...